- How much does a Zone Bowling party cost?
A $100 deposit is required when booking your party; the final balance is to be paid on the day based on your final number of guests. A minimum of 3 business days’ notice from the booking date is required to receive a refund of the deposit amount.
- What is the minimum number of guests for a birthday party booking?
There is a minimum 10 guests to enjoy the full experience of a birthday party with Zone Bowling. This includes the party guest.
- Do we need to stay with the party?
We ask that you organise a parent or carer to be available for the duration of your party as a touch point for our hosts – this could be you, your partner, a family member, or friend (anyone attending the party to help supervise the kids).
- What does a 'carer' mean?
A carer is a parent, guardian or adult responsible for supervising the party children and a touch point for Zone Bowling. We recommend that carers are present for the duration of your party. Carers are there to ensure the kids are all in attendance during each activity, escort the kids to the bathroom and ensure they are behaving appropriately in the venue. If there is a problem the Party Host will inform the carers, so it is necessary to remain in the venue to be able to supervise the party.
- Can I bring my own birthday cake?
You are welcome to bring your own birthday cake! Please note that due to storage constraints we are unable to store your cake for you. You can also purchase a cake from our party add-ons.
- Can I / we bring my own food?
You are permitted to bring birthday cakes, but otherwise outside food is not allowed. Each of the birthday packages includes food.
- Where do we eat?
As part of your booking, you will have 45 minutes of space for cake cutting and food in a Zone Bowling Party Room (select venues only). Please enquire when booking your party with us.
- Can Zone Bowling organise party invitations?
Party invitations are available! Download your digital birthday invitations here to print at home or head into your selected Zone Bowling venue to collect some for your upcoming party.
- Do you provide bowling socks?
Bowling socks are not provided, so please remember to remind your guests to bring their own pair of socks. Alternatively, you can purchase a pair of socks in venue.
- What time should I arrive for our party?
We request that you and your guests arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your party start time. This will ensure that your party experience begins on time and that none of your guests miss out on any of the fun! All parties at Zone Bowling commence on the hour.
- How long is a birthday party at Zone Bowling?
Depending on the party package you have chosen, Zone Bowling parties are approximately 2.5 hours from start to finish.
- Do I need to confirm my booking?
SOMEONE FROM ZONE BOWLING WILL CALL YOU THE WEDNESDAY PRIOR TO YOUR PARTY AT THE LATEST TO CONFIRM:
- The final number of guests attending
- Any special dietary requirements (e.g. for food intolerances)
- Whether you’d like to order a cake or any additional food platters
- Whether you require any additional lanes booked for older siblings or adults attending
- Can I change the food I ordered for the party?
Food platters ordered can be changed up to 72 hours before the party. Beyond this, no changes can be made.
- Can I book out the Laser Tag area?
Laser Tag cannot be exclusively booked out unless your group fills the arena capacity. If you party does not fulfill the arena capacity, other guests may be playing in the arena at the same time.
- Are there any restrictions for Laser Tag?
For safety reasons the following restrictions apply:
- You must be at least 110cm tall and at least 6 years old to play.
- All players must be wearing enclosed shoes and must be fully clothed.
- Whilst inside the maze, please do not run, do not climb, do not jump, no physical contact, and no offensive language.
- You will not be permitted to play if you:
- are prone to seizures or epileptic fits
- are pregnant
- are claustrophobic
- have a heart condition or are prone to motion sickness or dizziness
- appear to be intoxicated.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry to patrons at any time.
- Which venues have Laser Tag?
Laser Tag is only available at select Zone Bowling venues. Click here to find out which venues have Laser Tag.
- Are there any age or height restrictions for Bumper Cars?
Yes - no children under 4 years of age are permitted and you must be at least 112cm to ride.
- IS A DEPOSIT REQUIRED WHEN BOOKING A PARTY?
A $100 DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED WHEN BOOKING YOUR PARTY; THE FINAL BALANCE MAY BE PAID ON THE DAY. A MINIMUM OF 3 BUSINESS DAYS’ NOTICE IS REQUIRED TO RECEIVE A REFUND OF THE DEPOSIT AMOUNT.
- IS THERE A MINIMUM NUMBER OF GUESTS FOR A BIRTHDAY PARTY BOOKING?
THERE IS A MINIMUM PAYMENT OF 8 GUESTS TO ENJOY THE FULL EXPERIENCE OF A BIRTHDAY PARTY WITH ZONE BOWLING INCLUDING YOUR OWN DEDICATED PARTY HOST.
- WHAT DOES THE PARTY HOST DO?
THE PARTY HOST IS THERE TO ENTERTAIN THE KIDS DURING THE PARTY AND ORGANISES ALL THE FUN FOR YOU. WE CARE ABOUT YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN. WHILE THE PARTY HOST WILL BE WITH THE CHILDREN FOR THE DURATION OF THE PARTY TO GUIDE ACTIVITIES, WE RECOMMEND THAT PARENTS, GUARDIANS OR YOUR CARERS STAY CLOSE BY TO SUPERVISE THE KIDS.
- WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY CARER?
A CARER IS A PARENT, GUARDIAN OR ADULT RESPONSIBLE FOR SUPERVISING THE PARTY CHILDREN AND A TOUCHPOINT FOR OUR HOSTS. WE RECOMMEND THAT CARERS ARE PRESENT FOR THE DURATION OF YOUR PARTY. CARERS ARE THERE TO ENSURE THE KIDS ARE ALL IN ATTENDANCE DURING EACH ACTIVITY, ESCORT THE KIDS TO THE BATHROOM AND ENSURE THEY ARE BEHAVING APPROPRIATELY IN THE VENUE. IF THERE IS A PROBLEM THE HOST WILL INFORM THE CARERS, SO IT IS NECESSARY TO REMAIN IN THE VENUE TO BE ABLE TO SUPERVISE THE PARTY.
- CAN I BRING MY OWN BIRTHDAY CAKE?
YOU ARE WELCOME TO BRING YOUR OWN BIRTHDAY CAKE, OR YOU CAN PURCHASE AN ICE CREAM CAKE FROM OUR AVAILABLE EXTRAS.
- CAN I / WE BRING MY OWN FOOD?
NO EXTERNAL FOOD OR BEVERAGE IS PERMITTED, UNLESS IN RELATION TO A FOOD ALLERGY WHICH THE CENTRE HAS BEEN MADE AWARE OF.
- WHERE DO WE EAT?
YOUR GROUP WILL EITHER BE EATING IN THE CENTRE'S PARTY ROOM [SELECTED CENTRES], OR ON THE CONCOURSE, SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY.
- CAN ZONE BOWLING ORGANISE PARTY INVITATIONS?
PARTY INVITATIONS ARE AVAILABLE ONLINE, YOU WILL BE EMAILED A LINK, ALTERNATIVELY HEAD INTO YOUR SELECTED CENTRE TO PICK SOME UP. DON’T FORGET TO COLLECT THE CONTACT INFORMATION FOR EACH OF YOUR GUESTS IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.
- WILL ZONE BOWLING SUPPLY SOCKS FOR BOWLING?
PLEASE REMIND YOUR GUESTS TO BRING A PAIR OF SOCKS.
- DO WE NEED TO ARRIVE EARLIER THAN OUR BOOKING TIME?
WE REQUEST THAT YOU AND YOUR GUESTS ARRIVE 20-30MINS PRIOR TO YOUR PARTY START TIME TO ORGANISE SHOES, FOOD, ETC. THIS IS TO ENSURE THAT YOUR PARTY EXPERIENCE BEGINS ON TIME AND THAT NONE OF YOUR GUESTS MISS OUT ON ANY OF THE FUN! YOUR PARTY WILL COMMENCE ON THE HOUR.
- HOW LONG IS A BIRTHDAY PARTY AT ZONE BOWLING?
DEPENDING ON THE PARTY PACKAGE YOU HAVE CHOSEN:
- A ONE STAR BOWLING PARTY WILL GO FOR APPROXIMATELY 2 HOURS
- A ONE STAR LASER ONLY PARTY WILL GO FOR APPROXIMATELY 1 ½ HOURS
- A TWO STAR AND SUPERSTAR BOWLING PARTY WILL GO FOR APPROXIMATELY 2 ½ - 3 HOURS
- A TWO STAR AND SUPERSTAR LASER ONLY PARTY WILL GO FOR APPROXIMATELY 2 HOURS
- A COMBO PARTY WILL GO FOR APPROXIMATELY 2 ½ HOURS
- A ONE STAR BOWLING PARTY WILL GO FOR APPROXIMATELY 2 HOURS
- DOES THE BIRTHDAY BOOKING NEED TO BE CONFIRMED?
PLEASE CALL US ON THE WEDNESDAY BEFORE YOUR PARTY TO CONFIRM THE FOLLOWING:
- FINAL NUMBER OF GUESTS ATTENDING – THIS NUMBER IS TO ENSURE ADEQUATE STAFF AND CATERING ON THE DAY;
- ANY SPECIAL DIETARY REQUIREMENTS I.E. VEGETARIAN OR FOOD INTOLERANCES;
- IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ORDER ANY ADDITIONAL PLATTERS, FOR THE KIDS OR PARENTS ATTENDING OR A CAKE; AND
- IF YOU REQUIRE ANY ADDITIONAL LANES BOOKED FOR OLDER SIBLINGS OR ADULTS ATTENDING, WE CAN OFFER $7.00 A GAME. WE RECOMMEND THAT ZONE BOWLING PARTIES ARE FOR KIDS AGED 5 AND ABOVE TO DELIVER THE BEST EXPERIENCE FOR THE CHILDREN.
- WHAT IF I WANT TO CHANGE THE FOOD I ORDERED FOR THE PARTY?
PLATTERS CANNOT BE CANCELLED WITHIN 72 HOURS OF THE PARTY.
- CAN I BOOK OUT THE LASER SKIRMISH AREA?
LASER SKIRMISH CANNOT BE EXCLUSIVELY BOOKED UNLESS YOUR GROUP FILLS CAPACITY OF THE ARENA. IF YOUR PARTY DOES NOT FULFIL THE ARENA CAPACITY, OTHER GUESTS MAY BE PLAYING IN THE ARENA AT THE SAME TIME. IF YOUR PARTY IS LASER SKIRMISH ONLY, PLEASE REMIND YOUR GUESTS TO WEAR CLOSED SPORT SHOES.
- IS THERE A MINIMUM AGE FOR LASER SKIRMISH?
FOR SAFETY REASONS, THE MINIMUM AGE FOR CHILDREN IN OUR LASER ARENAS IS 6 YEARS OLD. A PARTY FOR A CHILD TURNING 5 YEARS OLD CANNOT BE FOR LASER SKIRMISH. WE RECOMMEND THAT ZONE BOWLING PARTIES ARE FOR KIDS AGED 5 AND ABOVE TO DELIVER THE BEST EXPERIENCE FOR THE CHILDREN.